Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Just need a little pep talk


We just rescued a big mastiff mix. He is GREAT! I am home all day for the summer (teacher here) After three days, I have taught him his name, to sit and to shake. He is cute as can be and is going to be fine with the older dogs. But... I am tired! Playing peek-a-boo and "go get your ball" is exhausting. Also, my poor husband came home today so sad because the dog hasn't really gotten to know him yet, so the dog is sticking to me like glue. I know it is going to be great, but I need a little pep talk please.

The problem is, if it is a problem, I am home all day so I am really working with him. Hubby just wants to have the dog sit with him to watch the olympics, and hang out. Puppy was not treated well by his first owner. We assume a man had him. We were told the dog spent the first 7 months of his life on an apartment patio on a chain. Poor hubby says, "But I didn't mistreat him." 

I'm trying to get him into the Baby step mode. Small accomplishments are big celebrations. We are making progress. I showed him how I put a leash on the other dogs. Guess what happened... New guy grabbed the second leash out of my hand and ran with it across the yard! I could hear the "Nah nah nah nah nah" in my head Progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment