Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Good thought please for lil Orange Juice


A client brought us in a half dead kitten today. She took him to another vet that just gave eye ointment for a URI a week ago. He was down on his side and not moving. Doc did his thing the kitten is loaded with fleas, emaciated, dehydrated, tapeworms and anemic. I took one of my incubators to work for them to keep him in.

Got a call this evening Doc wanted me to take him home to give fluids through the night (we are not 24 hours) and when up to temp get some gruel in.

Finally up to temp and lifting his head he ate 5 Tbs food. Has not urinated at all today and the bladder is empty. :( This is by far the worst kitten I have ever had and I didn't think he would be alive this long.

I have his incubator next to me and have been talking to him all night, I hope he makes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment