Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Update from last night's Wildcats


Last night I posted about the litter of kittens we found on top of a canopy above the spa we don't use. I never knew they were there until I heard them crying. After getting some useful advice on the forum, I soon realized how little I knew about cats. I went out this morning and because I couldn't see or hear them, I figured the mother came back and moved them. Just in case they were somewhere around, I contacted a rescue and a woman I talked to said if I did find them, she might be able to take them. Later I went out with my son and we did hear them cry and they were still on the canopy, but one had fallen off, my biggest fear. I realized I had to get them all down. We got all 6 of them, not knowing what to do next. I didn't even know how old they were. Now I'm wondering if I even did the right thing. I called the woman from the rescue, described them to her and she said they sounded about 4 weeks old. Oh, and about them being wild...they are absolutely adorable, sweet and cuddle right up to you! No wild in there!! She said she would take them.

Now I'm worried about the mama cat. I called our ASPCA to rent a cat trap, told them everything that was going on. They said if I were to bring the kittens in, they would immediately euthanize them! I am so thankful for my "new" rescue friend. I gave her a small donation when I gave her the kittens. Something I'd like to continue to do because she's pretty remarkable!! I told her about the mother cat and she said if we got her, she would take her. I told her we would have her spayed, knowing finding the home is the hardest part.
Okay, I know this is long, but I'm just overjoyed this turned out better than I ever imagined. If it wasn't for this woman, it would have been more difficult for me. She's my hero and I now know all the hard work and dedication these people have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment